Monday 21 April 2008

bloody work.

As per every other blog going, I'm going to do a post about my 'work situation'. It's pissing me off, to put it bluntly.

But what pisses me off more is that when I begin the hunt for more gainful employment every post that appeals requires 'education to degree standard'. Now, I made it to university, but did not finish. Is this 'education to degree standard'? I'm inclined to think not, leaving me in a position where I opt not to apply for said posts.

Maybe I'm being foolish and overly down on myself, but I always reckon that my application would find its way into the bin very, very quickly. Although I may have the skills, motivation etc. that the potential employers are requesting I don't tick all the boxes.

Reader poll: to apply, or not to apply - to any of them.

2 comments:

Sofia said...

To apply, of course. It's not like they're ever goning to hire you if you don't. However, if you do, you will at least have the chance to get the job.

Danchapmancol said...

ah, you found my 'exciting' blog, then? Well done for being about the 3rd person to comment!